Thursday, August 12, 2010

Star Wards


Sometime around the mid to late eighties, Dad came back from New Orleans with a picture of his face on Conan the Barbarian body. He had a lip snarl and a less tan face than Arnold did, and the picture was funny. That 8x10 picture hung on our refrigerator on Harvard drive for years, maybe a decade. It was largely ignored in our family, unless we had a new visitor to the house. A new visitor always wanted to know the story behind the picture. The story? There was no "story", it was just Dad yeilding a sword and holding his mouth like an Elvis Impersonator (See picture below of the one used for Dad's photo. Wish I still had the one of Dad).


So when we walked by the booth at the Aquarium in New Oreleans, I could not resist getting a family photo. Ray is a good sport. See top photo. You can imagine how hard I was laughing when I saw this. I only wish there had been a Conan the Barbarian option.