Saturday, January 26, 2008

Mardi Gras 2008





The Mystic Mutts of Revelry in Fairhope is hands down my favorite Mardi Gras parade. This year Janie and I got to meet the Queen (see photo) at her owner's boutique before the parade. It was like she made out of clay. Any position her owners put her in she stayed in, and the royal costume didn't even phase her. I couldn't imagine thar my favorite parade could be any better until I saw the miniature horse (which I am obsessed with) prancing by. Like a psycho I found the horse after the parade to have my picture taken. My dream is to have two of these horses and be able to put one foot on each of their backs while they carry me about Roman style. I have other miniature horse aspirations but that probably deserves a post on the blog devoted entirely to the details of my Miniature Horse & Monkey Ranch. We got to show Danielle her first Mardi Gras parade at the MOM's parade. Nothing will make a Mobilian (or Fairhopian) swell more with pride than taking someone to their first parade. The picture of Ray & I was on Mardi Gras Monday. We were so tired of Mardi Gras-ing at this point all we wanted to do was sleep. That didn't keep us from doing it again on Tuesday morning as we met Janie and Bennet at the Battlehouse to watch the days parades. We then walked all the way down Dauphin Street to eat lunch at the Bike Shop. I can't say that I have ever walked down Dauphin Street on Mardi Gras Day before and I don't think we'll ever do it again. I don't know where those people came from but I have never seen so many people with so few teeth.



Posted by Picasa