Ray & I did the McGuire's St. Patrick's Day 5K with 8,000 of our closest friends. I was going to walk it since I hadn't run in over 2 years because of back surgery. But I figured hey I'm in great shape, I spin everyday or bike, I can run 3 miles right? The race was on Saturday and I couldn't walk normal until Thursday. My ankles wer so swollen they had creases in them. But it really lit a fire for me to try running a bit more. Free beef & barley soup, irish wakes, and beer for everone at 9 am! When I started the run I told myself no one pushing a stroller is going to pass me! OK, that guy was fast. No one wearing a wig is going to pass me! OK that wig wearing guy was fast. OK those 800 marine troops running in formation that can only run as fast as their slowest guy is not going to pass me. I kept that promise.Saturday, March 15, 2008
31st Annual Mcguire's St. Patrick's Day Run
Ray & I did the McGuire's St. Patrick's Day 5K with 8,000 of our closest friends. I was going to walk it since I hadn't run in over 2 years because of back surgery. But I figured hey I'm in great shape, I spin everyday or bike, I can run 3 miles right? The race was on Saturday and I couldn't walk normal until Thursday. My ankles wer so swollen they had creases in them. But it really lit a fire for me to try running a bit more. Free beef & barley soup, irish wakes, and beer for everone at 9 am! When I started the run I told myself no one pushing a stroller is going to pass me! OK, that guy was fast. No one wearing a wig is going to pass me! OK that wig wearing guy was fast. OK those 800 marine troops running in formation that can only run as fast as their slowest guy is not going to pass me. I kept that promise.