

I had to go to an HFMA Conference in San Diego. Ray and I decided to go out a few days early to enjoy San Diego. I told him I had a surprise for him on Saturday. The story was we had someone picking us up in front of the lobby at 8:00 am, and that it didn't matter what he wore. First I told him we were going to the zoo. Then on a botany tour of the area. An empty van picked us up, and I had already warned the driver not to give it away. Ray whispered to me that this was some kind of X-Games stuff, because the driver had his nose pierced and spiky hair. When we stopped at another hotel to pick up 8 (extremely hungover) guys on a bachelor party getaway, he finally figured it out. We were going to the Baja in Mexico to ride off-road! Ray rode a dirt bike, and I rode a full clutch racing 4-wheeler. When it was all over our guide said, "Your husband can ride!"