Ward has taken after his father in not needing much sleep. On Saturday, he was getting sleepy around 2 pm, but wouldn't go down for a nap. So, like a sucker, I laid down with him on our bed, hoping he would consider sleeping. He tossed and turned. I decided it would be best if I closed my eyes so that he would not be encouraged by me looking at him. He became very still, and I could tell he was close to my face. So close I could feel his little breath on me. I opened my eyes to find that he had my entire nose inside his wide open mouth-but he was not touching me at all with his mouth, he was just stretching that mouth wide and being very still. I laughed so hard at him, we both knew that nap time was over.
Some days he does not nap at all, and still stays up until 9 or 10 pm. And he doesn't act sleepy, he is as happy as a clam. In this picture, he had gotten into the fireplace (see black streaks on his face) and then the remote control, which is the ultimate prize, as you can see by the look on his face.