Thursday, March 11, 2010

The people's eyebrow


Ward ate at the Waffle House for the first time. Ward, generally does not like bread, or any food that is bread like. Here he is suspiciously eyeing a waffle, while giving it the "people's eyebrow" as I call it. He would not put this in his mouth. He has no problem putting rubber mulch in his mouth, over to one side of his cheek, for an hour at time. Last week I thought he was cutting a tooth because he was drooling and holding his mouth funny. I swept his mouth several times with my finger finding nothing. Finally I saw something black on his lips. It was an oak leaf that was several inches long. It had been an hour and half since he had access to such leaf. Still, bagel are like kryptonite on his highchair tray, which he uses his fingertips to gingerly flip it over the side, because he does not want "full hand contact" with any bread items.