Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wild Indian


Ward was in rare form this morning. He generally wakes up off my shoulder, then goes over to wake up Ray. At 5am this morning I gave him a bottle, then he crawled onto
Ray's shoulder and fell asleep on him for the first time. So the rule must be whoever he falls asleep on, he must harass the other person first thing. At 6:30 am he, my back was to him. He crawled over and grabbed two handfuls of hair while he was on his knees, then fell backwards, keeping a strong hold on my hair, which pulled me over. I pried his little fingers off my hair and fell back asleep facing him. He then began inserting his razor like fingernails into every hole on my head, including my unopened mouth which he got so far into he touched the gums above my molars. But, I was still able to fall back asleep, facing him. Big mistake. For his "coup de grace" he got on his knees inches from my sleeping face, balanced himself with his left hand against the head board, and open hand slapped me 3 times against my cheek, much like he might do when he is pounding on a table. So I got up, and put him in his walker and fixed myself a cup of coffee. He then found one of my bras and ran around with it while he navigated the house.



The picture above shows the antics I must go through to change a diaper or clothes. Here I was "playing" a harmonica to try and keep his attention long enough to change his clothes. Once his onsie made it over his neck, he pulled a UFC break hold move, grabbed the harmonica and ended up with the onesie stuck on his head.